|The reason why 2012 was so great. This picture was taken in early September, and a lot has changed since then.|
Highlights- Gold Striker construction! I'm sure this is everybody's highlight. The first time I saw that picture of land clearing back in May was probably the best moment I've had yet as a CGA fan.
- Five-person raft on Didgeridoo Falls (with fellow Theme Park Review members). Never before have I felt a near-death experience on a ride. If I hadn't held on, I would have certainly fell out. Easily got a foot or so out of my seat!
-Trying out the body slides for the first time. Can't wait to go on these again!
- Five-person Logger's Run.
- Kiddy ride takeovers: Pumpkin Patch, Woodstock's.
- Mini-ERT session on Drop Tower to end the season.
- Firefall open for the first day and whole season. Also, getting a backwards flip and flying over the water, Stealth-style.
- Getting addicted to Flying Eagles.
Predictions for next season- Gold Striker opens in late April/early May, and the ride consists of 50 percent tunnels. My goal is to be there on media day (please be on a Sunday!).
- That ugly blue on the Pictorium gets repainted to at least match Gold Striker.
- An older flat ride is removed. Amid all this excitement for Gold Striker, it wouldn't surprise me if a ride is ripped out for no apparent reason (remember, this is still CGA, after all).
- Demon's red train returns, orange gets sent back to rehab.
- Cabin #1 on Drop Tower returns, another (I'm going to say #4) goes down for the rest of season.
- No new mazes for Haunt, but Werewolf Canyon gets the next "Revamp'd" treatment.
- New shows.
- An announcement for a 2014 water slide, but nothing more.